What is Stonechip Repair?
Windshield repair is safe, effective, convenient and takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. Miracle Auto Glass certified windshield repair specialists can fix chips, nicks and cracks up to 6 inches long. A well-done windshield repair job will restore the structural integrity of the windshield and help prevent the damage from spreading. It will also make the blemish much less noticeable, without removing and replacing the glass.
How Long Does it Take?
To repair one stonechip it takes about 30 minutes and for each further chips it can be about 10-15 minutes, the process of repairing a chip is given below:
Stone Chip Repair Process
- Miracle Auto Glass starts by cleaning the loose glass form the break.
- The injector system is them placed on the break and the moisture is vacuumed out, this is important to get a good result at the end.
- Once the moisture is taken out special resin is injected into the break to fill it up, it takes about 10 minutes for the break to be totally filled.
- When we are satisfied with the filling we use an Ultra Violet lamp to cure or harden the resin.
- Once cured the injector system is removed and another type of resin is applied to the surface of the break and then cured again. Excess resin is scraped off using a blade.
- To finish the repair the resin is buffed to give it a smooth and glass like lustre.